Moorfields Eye Hospital Abu Dhabi aims to be the finest eye hospital in the Middle East by treating every patient with honesty, respect and according to their individual needs. Moorfields Eye Hospital Abu Dhabi will contribute to education and research programs to facilitate world-class teaching within the region.
To achieve our vision the following mission statements guide Moorfields Eye Hospital Abu Dhabi:
- Operate to the highest standards, as exemplified by Moorfields Eye Hospital London, and to meet the expectations that the brand name implies.
- Provide a comprehensive range of ophthalmic services for patients.
- Participate in and develop world-class research as opportunities arise, working in conjunction with local partners at DHCC and in the region, as well as with Moorfields Eye Hospital London, and the Institute of Ophthalmology.
- Embrace employment policies and practices that attract and retain high calibre staff, recognising their contribution to the success of the enterprise.
In pursuit of this mission the Moorfields Eye Hospital Abu Dhabi team consistently display the following attributes.
- Professional. Whether a clinical professional adhering to the high standards that the Moorfields brand represents, a Patient Management Officer interpreting for a patient during a consultation, or a member of the Finance team, we will always strive to achieve high standards in our work.
- Friendly. Whoever the patient is, they may feel vulnerable when they come to the hospital. We will help them feel comfortable. We will smile, and support the patients during their visit.
- Helpful. Nothing is too trivial for us to help our patients with. All staff will endeavour to provide our patients with any type of assistance they need.
- Safe. We prioritise safety in everything that we do and in a proactive way. If we see a potential hazard we will deal with it, or bring it to the attention of the Operations Manager, Senior Nurse or Health and Safety link nurses.
- Calm. Patients should leave Moorfields feeling that they have been looked after by a very confident team, so we will maintain an air of calm every day so that the patients can relax and feel assured.
- Positive and flexible. We can do whatever is needed. And we don’t wait for some one else to point it out. We are committed to improving any shortcoming we identify in a cooperative and non-critical manner.