Laser eye surgery is a modern treatment used to correct vision. Some of the common types of laser eye surgery include LASIK, PRK, LASEK and EpiLASIK. These eye surgeries are used to reshape cornea by tapping into a special laser called “excimer”. Depending on your candidacy, laser eye surgery procedures may vary in recovery time and instruments used. Generally, laser eye surgery has the best results.
As laser eye surgery Abu Dhabi is available at Moorfields, you can consult with foreign qualified surgeons and specialists and decide a right treatment for you. Also, it will help you get clear understanding of the treatment and its results.
Common conditions treated by laser eye surgery
Following are some of the common eye conditions that can be treated with laser:
Myopia is a condition of eye when you see near objects clearly while distant ones are blurred. Undergoing laser eye surgery can help you get rid of this condition permanently.
Vice versa of myopia, hyperopia lets you see distant objects clearly while near ones are blurred.
As you grow older, you will observe a decrease in your ability to focus. Moreover, this type of refractive error can be treated with laser surgery.
Astigmatism occurs when a defect in the eye or a lens triggers deviation from spherical curvature leading to distorted images.
How does laser eye surgery work?
Laser eye surgery involves reshaping the patient’s cornea enabling light to hit the retina in a different fashion. Being an increasingly safe procedure, laser surgery improves long-sightedness, short-sightedness and astigmatism for good.
During the procedure, the surgeon either cuts the cornea or applies laser to reshape it. Laser eye surgery Abu Dhabi is operated with sophisticated procedures and latest technology at Moorfields.
Advantages of laser eye surgery
By undergoing laser eye surgery, you will:
- Enjoy permanent freedom from contact lenses or glasses
- Get improved self-confidence
- Be able to deliver better sport’s performance
- Achieve better all-round vision
Disadvantages of laser eye surgery
At Moorfields, patients are educated about treatment and its results. However, there are some disadvantages of laser eye surgery Abu Dhabi:
- After eye surgery has been performed, patients may experience visual disturbances such as glare and poor night vision
- In extreme cases, inflammation and infection may be experienced
- The results of laser surgery may be diminished with age
Are there any potential side effects of laser eye surgery?
Although laser eye surgery Abu Dhabi is performed with excellent patient care and precision at Moorfields, some unforeseen side effects cannot be ruled out prior to surgery. Therefore, following are potential side effects:
- Cornea may be irregularly shaped
- Patient may experience heightened refractive error
- Patient may experience unstable vision
- Patient may suffer from dry eyes
Is laser eye surgery right for you?
You are recommended to undergo laser eye surgery, if you:
- Are 18 years of age
- Have stable vision over a year at least
- Have no history of the corneal disease
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Wear glasses with certain prescription